Feed Fauquier will take place on Saturday, November 7th. In light of the current state requirements for COVID 19, we are making some adjustments and adding ways you can participate.
You can help your community in one of three ways:
- You can come to The Gathering Place (Warrenton Baptist Church’s new location at 650 Alwington Blvd, Warrenton) and help pack 25,000 meals to help feed our community through out the coming year. To participate in the packing event, there are some changes from previous years.
- Since we are packing in the midst of the COVID pandemic, we are asking you to put together the team you feel comfortable serving with. You need to have a minimum of 6 people and no more than 10. This could be a group of your family and extended family, it could be your co-workers, it could be your neighbors, kids sports team or group from your church.
- Once you have decided who will make up your team, you will need to register online. (only one person per table needs to register for the entire table). There are only 10 tables for the entire event, five at 10:00am and five at 1:00pm. You will be serving for two hours 10am-Noon or 1pm-3pm.
- There is NO donation registration fee for packing this year. We are planning for our sponsors to cover all the costs.
- If you do not feel comfortable taking part in the packing event, you can bring food pantry items to The Gathering Place, located at 650 Alwington Blvd, Warrenton and help fill one of the trucks there. You can drop off the food between the hours of 10:00am through 3:00pm. Here is a link to the requested Food Pantry Items: SHOPPING LIST. Please share this list with others!
- If you are unable to get out or just don’t want to risk it, you can make a financial donation and we will use those monies to fund baked bread from Great Harvest that will be donated to the local food banks. Donate HERE online (make sure you choose Feed Fauquier from the drop down menu) or if you’d rather donate by check, please make it out to Cornerstone Baptist Church, put Feed Fauquier in the memo line, and send it to 40 Rock Pointe Ln, Ste 202, Warrenton, VA 20186.
What is involved in a packing event? Here’s a pdf to explain: “Bird’s Eye View”
Last year we packed 60,264 Rice and Beans meals. This year the meal we are packing has not been decided on yet….stay tuned! Each meal contains six servings. We give the nutritious dry meals to the Fauquier Food Bank, Clara’s House Food Pantry, Fauquier Fish’s Weekend Power Pack, and any other local organization that helps distribute meals to less-fortunate families. In 2015, the Fauquier Community Food Bank alone supported just over 5.5% of the county’s population.
The registration time slots are:
- 1pm – 3pm
This is a great event to bring your family to (even young kids can participate!), a team from work, get service hours, connect with other service-minded people from our community, hang out with a friend, and simply help meet a real need in our community. Anyone and everyone is welcome.
Feed Fauquier Event Location:
Warrenton Baptist Church’s Gathering Place
650 Alwington Blvd.
Warrenton, VA 20186
The Gathering Place is behind Wal-Mart, next to Brumfield Elementary School.